Who we are
Consultants for Good is a UK-wide network of consultants and trainers who provide professional organisational development services for the voluntary sector.
Consultants for Good as an organisation has a responsibility to protect and respect your privacy.
This privacy notice explains what data we collect, how we use that data, where we store the data, how long we store that data for and how we store your details securely.
Consultants for Good may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Our website address is: www.consultantsforgood.org.uk
What data is being collected from our website and how long will we keep it for?
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How we use your data and who it will be shared with
- Membership lists – all information submitted on membership applications is added to our membership list which is only shared (if necessary) with the three convenors, administrator and web developer/designer
- Data is used to create mailing lists for distributing news, membership information about the organisation and work opportunities. Mailing lists are not shared externally and are only shared (if necessary) between the administrator and the lead convenor. Data is also used for administrative work such as sending invoices and receipts.
- Any printed information is shredded when the application has been fully processed
- Application forms are kept on the administrator’s computer (password protected) while applications are processed.
Find a Consultant Directory:
- Data used in the website’s Find a Consultant directory is submitted by individual members. Occasionally it is also submitted by admin on behalf of a member, with their permission
How we store your details securely
- A membership list (Excel) is stored online in a password protected Dropbox account.
- A mailing list database is stored in a password protected MailChimp account
- Anyone who leaves CforG is asked if they are happy to receive future updates about the organisation. If they agree, their details are deleted from the mailing list file but kept on the MailChimp database
- Older membership files are stored on a hard drive in a password protected folder
Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the appropriate information commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Information Commissioner’s Office
Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville St
Information Commissioner’s Office – Wales
2nd Floor, Churchill House