I work independently with a diverse range of organisations including charities, faith-based organisations, government and non-departmental public bodies at Scottish, UK and international levels. I take a personal approach to help bring your values to life.
I particularly focus on:
- Strategic reviews – organisational values, horizon scanning, internal/external stakeholder engagement, customer and competitor mapping, theories of change, implementation plans.
- Improving organisational culture and governance – change management, team building, supporting good governance.
- Funding – adaptive and relationship-based funding programmes; effective fundraising strategies.
Policy and research – strategy, monitoring and evaluation, drafting policy recommendations, strategic influencing at Scottish and UK levels.
Recent projects include:
- strategic reviews for: CIDSE, Global Catholic Climate Movement and others
- theory of change / strategy development for Maitri Trust and other funders
- qualitative research for: Scotland's International Development Alliance, Christian Aid, Jesuit Refugee Service UK
- programme reviews for Scottish Government International Development Fund
- policy/advocacy and re-branding strategies for Scotland's International Development Alliance
- communications audit for CAFOD
Regular professional development days including Advanced Facilitation training
MA (Hons) International Development and French, University of St Andrews
Certificat d'Etudes Politiques, Institut d'Etudes Politiques, Paris
I have 4 years' experience as an independent charity consultant, building on 20 years’ evidenced success within senior strategy, policy and communications roles in the voluntary and public sectors.