Willow Charity Consulting
I help small-to-medium charities manage crises, plan effectively and achieve their ambitions.
From the smallest, voluntary led teams to organisations bringing in income of around £4 million a year, I work across the country helping charities to improve their charitable governance, strategic planning, impact and organisational effectiveness. I am skilled at conducting reviews that highlight areas to focus on, and can help charities identify and achieve the next step in their development.
I know what it's like on the ground, running a charity. I've been the CEO of five charities, and have led staff teams through periods of change and crisis to achieve transformational success. I also know how scary it can be to spend hard-won charity funding on a consultant, and I'm determined to always offer value for money.
I can tailor my services to fit your unique needs and budget, and my work includes:
- interim crisis and change management
- strategic planning
- organisational evaluations and restructures
- organisational reviews and health checks
- governing document reviews, updates and drafting, including CIO conversions
- grant system reviews and general support for funders
- training, and governance reviews and support
My clients range from the smallest volunteer teams to national and international charities, but the majority have incomes between £250,000-£2 million.
My clients include: the Shannon Trust, Richmond Parish Lands Charity, the Bobath Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy, Together Now, Young People First (Midlands), the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum, Chippenham Borough Lands Charity, BelEve, the Harbour Project for Swindon Asylum Seekers and Refugees, Beyond the Classroom, the British & Foreign School Society, Educaid Sierra Leone...and many more.
- Level 7 Diploma in Professional Consulting, Chartered Management Institute
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Centre, Bolton University
- Masters of International Affairs with merit, Australian National University
- Graduate Diploma Legal Practice with merit, Australian National University
- Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy) University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (International Law) (Hons 1), (top 1%), University of Queensland
Recent experience supporting small-to-medium charities with cost-effective, high impact advice and support includes:
- Interim CEO roles (the Shannon Trust, the Bobath Centre for Cerebral Palsy, Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum)
- Crisis advice and support, including restructures (Maternal Mental Health Alliance, Young People First (Midlands), the Harbour Project)
- Comprehensive organisational strength reviews for small-to-medium charities (Lincolnshire Rivers Trust, The Nottingham Narrowboat Project, Educaid
- Sierra Leone, Young People First (Midlands), Voluntary Action (South West Surrey), Beyond the Classroom)
- Strategic planning (Chippenham Borough Lands Charity, Richmond Parish Lands Charity, Together Now, Staffordshire Sight Loss, the Harbour Project for Swindon Asylum Seekers and Refugees)
- Trustee training and advice, Trustee policies (BelEve, the Kids Network, Muslim Welfare Association of Sutton)
- Constitutional updates and support (Skateparks UK, Muslim Welfare Association of Sutton)
- Project and programme design and evaluation (Africa on the Ball, Together Now, Haringey CAB)
- Funder grants review and advice (Richmond Parish Lands Charity, Chippenham Borough Lands Charity, British & Foreign School Society, Education and Training Trust of the CII)