I am an equality and inclusion practitioner, and my focus is creating inclusive, accessible environments, where everyone can flourish. The environment your organisation creates for staff and clients drives your organisation. Environments can be consciously created or develop by default. They are often encoded by unspoken rules, influenced by those in positions of power.
I take a systems-based, people focussed approach to maximise positive equality impact with meaningful results.
- Training and coaching to bring the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion to life, with a focus on practical and meaningful application
- Equality impact assessment and evaluation (including organisation equality, diversity and inclusion audit)
- Strategy development
- Facilitating conversations that feel good, challenge and lead to positive change
- Mediation (including Civic Mediation)
- Hallmark of Inclusion (in development) - a tool to measure how inclusive your organisation's environment is, and work with staff and other stakeholders to identify priorities, leading to pledges that lead to positive change
NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group
NHS East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO)
Forth Valley Rape Crisis Centre
Scottish Women's AId
Queens Cross Housing Association
Scottish Accessible Transport Alliance
- Recent UK-wide experience in widening participation in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Over a decade's experience of working in and alongside the NHS, having supported a range of NHS organisations to not only ensure compliance with the public sector equality duties, but to also embrace best practice on equalities, to realise the benefits to the organisation, staff, patients and the public.
- Extensive experience in community engagement, supporting people with a wide range of access needs to have their voice heard by public services, giving her a deep understanding of the needs and contributions of a spectrum of people in the community
- Governance experience, as a charity Trustee and through delivering leadership development training and support
For further information, please see: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amandaheenan/