15 years of consultancy experience in the Third Sector across the UK.
Expert in strategy development, strategic planning processes, strategy facilitation, assessment of strategic options, strategic reviews, strategy implementation, income generation strategies and reviews, financial modelling and planning, managing risks, governance, support on bids and grant applications and development of impact measurement frameworks.
I have worked as an Eastside Primetimers member consultant and have been a part-time member of the central team focusing on Strategy and Income Generation since 2017. I have been working as a consultant and senior manager in the third sector for the past 15 years. My most recent charity role was as Chief Executive of UpRising, a UK wide youth leadership development organisation. I joined UpRising from Sue Ryder, where I worked as Head of Strategic Planning and Programme Delivery. Other charity roles include Head of Planning and Performance for Parkinson’s UK, Managing Director of Hammersmith and Fulham Circle and Head of Trading and Social Enterprise for Age UK Barking and Dagenham.
I have supported scores of organisations from community-based organisations to large national charities. Examples of projects include:
• Mentoring of a senior strategy manager in a large national charity
• Facilitation of numerous strategy development sessions and development of strategic plans with Board and staff teams for youth, medical associations, mental health, volunteering, and health and social care charities.
• Development of a business model to combine the trading operations of over 20 older people charities in Greater London to improve profit and customer service through consultations and a representative Working Group.
• Project lead on idea generation, feasibility and business planning for a new social enterprise and development of a green jobs program for a large community development organisation.
• Ran a workshop on social enterprise development for the CEO, Trustees and Senior Management Team for an umbrella organisation of non-profits running or considering social enterprises.
• Masters of Business Administration from Yale University
• Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
• Former CEO of an organisation promoting diversity
• Former charity senior manager including CEO of UpRising, Head of Strategic Planning and Programme Delivery at Sue Ryder, Head of Planning and Performance at Parkinson’s UK and Interim Managing Director at Hammersmith and Fulham Circle/Participle
• Experienced mentor and critical friend to CEO, Chair and Senior Managers
• Additional experience as a management consultant delivering projects for Aperio, Futurebuilders and The Connect Fund/Barrow Cadbury
• Experienced Trustee and Director of various organisations including Reach Volunteering